MehWool is B2B portal of Asterisk International Services. The word “Meh” is sound made by sheep.
“Asterisk ” means something which has further meaning. It signifies that Creativity and imagination have no limits. It also conveys the message that our compassion and care is profound to the People and Planet without the border in all direction. Asterisk was established in 2010 as a family run Handicraft Company with the view of promoting the Nepali handicraft industry while providing employment opportunity to the deprived, underprivileged community people, especially women and ethnic groups by making them socially and economically empowered.
Started with few family members and few women artist, currently, it has 130 regular employees among which 15 are management staffs and rest are in the production line. Among the total 130 human resources, 75% are women. Besides, Asterisk also has 2 local producer groups who supply us with high quality felt and Natural products. The company believes in diversification and therefore has people from various social, religious and ethnic backgrounds from different parts of the country. Our major international markets are America, UK, Canada, Germany, Netherland, Latvia, Japan, Australia, Denmark and many other emerging markets around the world.
Asterisk is committed to quality production and timely delivery. We along with our buyer are working for the sustainable future for the benefit of People and Planet.
To be the leading producer and exporter of handmade Nepali products of international quality.
Our mission is to manufacture and deliver high-quality wool felt products and natural organic products while creating economic opportunities to marginalized, destitute and socially disadvantaged people with continuous improvement of products for customer satisfaction.
- To produce high quality felt product by implementing continuous improvement system.
- Design and develop new products to cater to the needs of international buyers.
- Create employment opportunity to the deprived underprivileged, marginalized, ethnic groups, especially women & differently able people.
- To build and enhance the capacity of the producers.
- To conduct research for the development of scientific application of Wool and Natural Products.
- We strongly discourage any types of child labor and forced or indentured labor.
- We support and protect internationally proclaimed human rights.
- We do not practice or allow any kind of discriminations.
- We uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining.
- We promote and encourage precautionary approaches to protect the environment.
- Our workplaces are no smoking and alcohol-free zones.
- We ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
- We discourage any forms of corruption or illegal practices.
Occupational Health and Safety Training. Emergency Preparedness, First Aid, Accident Investigation 17th February, 2019
Mindfulness at work
Support for disabled women and children
Scooter donation program for differently able people.
Bi-annual health camp and medical support.
Girl scholarship distribution program
Sanitation and cleanliness program.
Salary saving program
Free launch program.
Teej, the cultural event of women.
Annual Picnic Program